- Date Inducted: 2008
The congregation is directly descended from the Highland Congregation formed in 1785 by Gaelic-speaking Highlanders meeting in St Nicholas Kirk, Union Street. In 1795 the congregation moved to the Gaelic Chapel which they had built in Gaelic Lane. In 1843 they joined the Free Church and retained their building. In 1882 the Free Gaelic Church moved from Gaelic Lane to a redundant Congregational building in Dee Street and took the name St Columba Free Church. In 1900 the majority of the congregation followed their minister into the United Free Church but in 1907 the Dee Street property was allocated to the minority. The reconstituted Free Church congregation continued to worship in Dee Street until 1977 when the opportunity arose to acquire the Bon Accord Church on Rosemount Viaduct which had been erected in 1897 by the then Bon Accord Free Church.
The minister in 2000 did not associate himself with the Reconstitution of the Free Church.
3rd Sabbath in April and 2nd Sabbath in November.
Psalmody Class meets on Sabbath at 5.15pm as announced.
- 16 Kirkbrae Drive
- AB15 9RH
- United Kingdom
- 01224 865714