- Date Inducted: 2004
The first evangelical minister in Ness was Rev Finlay Cook who came in 1829. At the Disruption in 1843 the minister, Rev John Finlayson, and the congregation came out and for three years worshipped in the open air. A church and a manse were built in South Dell in 1846. A church was then built in 1892 at Cross. In 1900 the minister, Rev Donald MacDonald, entered the Union but in 1909 the remaining Free Church congregation were able to call Rev Duncan MacDougall.
At the Reconstitution of the Free Church in 2000 the congregation was vacant.
The congregation has built a new place of worship which was opened in December 2003 and a new manse which was completed in 2009.
2nd Sabbath in March and 2nd Sabbath in October.
Congregational Fellowship held on last Sabbath of each month after the evening service, in the church. Sabbath services are broadcast live via the congregational website.
- The Manse
- North Dell
- Isle of Lewis
- HS2 0SW
- United Kingdom
- 01851 810037