HARRIS

(NORTHTON)

HARRIS
  • HARRIS
  • Date Inducted: 2016

History

Practically the whole population of Harris adhered to the Free Church at the Disruption. A catechist was placed there in 1845. In 1848 it was seen necessary to divide the island into two charges. A church was built at Manish and the charge was sanctioned under the name of Harris. The other part was sanctioned as Tarbert. The minister of Harris in 1900 entered the Union and the congregation was vacant until 1923.

Communion Seasons

Last Sabbath in February and 1st Sabbath in August.

Mailing Address

  • 18 Ferry Road
  • Leverburgh
  • Isle of Harris
  • HS5 3UA
  • United Kingdom
  • 01859 520200

Contacts