NORTH UIST & GRIMSAY

NORTH UIST & GRIMSAY
  • NORTH UIST & GRIMSAY
  • Date Inducted: 2007

History

Rev Norman MacLeod, minister of Trumisgarry Parliamentary Church, came out in 1843 and for some years had charge of almost the whole of the island, the remainder being served by a catechist. The charge was sanctioned in 1849 and North Uist and Trumisgarry were united in one charge in 1854. Church and manse were erected in 1858. The minister in 1900, Rev John MacLeod, entered the Union and in 1912 Rev Robert MacLeod was called.

Communion Seasons

2nd Sabbath in April and 2nd Sabbath in September.

Mailing Address

  • Free Church (Continuing) Manse
  • 17 Knockline
  • Isle of North Uist
  • HS6 5DT
  • United Kingdom
  • 01876 510305

Contacts