- Date Inducted: 2012
In Strath following the Disruption the parish described as ‘27 miles long and 7 miles broad and with seven separate groups of population’ was served by catechists. It was then established as a preaching station before being sanctioned as a charge in 1857. Church buildings were erected in Strathaird, Broadford and Kyleakin. The minister in 1900 went in with the Union and the congregation remained vacant until 1922.
In 2010 the congregations of Lochalsh & Glenshiel and Glenelg & Arnisdale were consolidated into one charge by Act of Assembly and the new congregation linked to the congregation of Strath, with two Kirk Sessions and two Deacons’ Courts.
4th Sabbath in September.
All communion services are held at Ardelve.
- by Kyle
- IV40 8HB
- United Kingdom
- 01599 511200