Above: Church at Straun, Below: Church at Carbost
In Bracadale the minister, Rev J R Glass, with his congregation came out in 1843 but he was immediately translated to Musselburgh. A successor, Rev John Finlayson, was inducted in December of that year but, unable to find accommodation in the district, had to walk or ride the 14 miles from Portree thoughout the winter. He died as a result of a fall from a gig in September 1844. Finlayson was a brother-in-law of ‘Maighstir Ruairidh’ (Rev Roderick Macleod) who had moved from Bracadale to Snizort before the Disruption of 1843. Both men were interred in the old Struan cemetery. A church was first built in 1854 and in Carbost around the same time. The minister in 1900 entered the Union and the congregation remained vacant until 1930.
In Duirinish a catechist was appointed to the district after the Disruption to care for the people who adhered to the Free Church. The charge was sanctioned in 1850 and Rev. Alexander McColl was settled in 1852. The minister in 1900 died before the Union took place and the congregation was vacant until the induction of Rev. Kenneth Cameron in 1908.
The minister in Duirinish in 2000 did not associate himself with the Reconstitution of the Free Church.
In 2012 the congregations were linked by Act of the Commission of Assembly, with two Kirk Sessions and two Deacons' Courts.
In 2022 the congregations were consolidated by Act of the General Assembly, with one Kirk Session and one Deacons' Court.