The minister in Brora (Clyne) in 1843, Rev George MacKay, came out with a large congregation. They worshiped for a time in a wooden building. A church and manse were built in 1849. In 1900 the minister, Rev John Murray, died and the congregation was vacant until 1902 when Rev Kenneth Cameron was inducted.
The minister in 2000 did not associate himself with the Reconstitution of the Free Church.
In 2007 the following congregations were consolidated into one congregation by Act of Assembly under the name Brora: Clyne; Dornoch; Lairg & Rosehall; Lybster, Bruan, Latheron & Berriedale; Rogart.