Dr. John R MacKenzie, minister of St. Mary’s quoad sacra church and many of his congregation came out in 1843. A church was built in George Street and opened in 1844. It was rebuilt and enlarged in 1892. The minister in 1900, Rev. Charles McNeill, entered the Union and the congregation was vacant until the settlement of Rev. George L Stewart in 1910. In a long vacancy after 1955 the congregation was kept going by one or two faithful members. Following various efforts at outreach Rev. William B Scott was appointed to the work in 1982 and the congregation saw growth.
Services moved to the newly acquired Christian Brethren Ebenezer Hall in Lockerbie in March 2016.