Following the Disruption a congregation was organised in Partick (then a village of 3,000). Its first minister, Rev. Harry Anderson, was inducted in 1844 and remained (with the same precentor) for over 50 years (Partick grew to a population of 44,000). He opposed the Declaratory Act yet most of the people joined the United Free Church. The remnant, faithful to the Free Church, began meeting in 1905 and built the church in 1910. Rev. William S Heron was admitted from the Presbyterian Church of Ireland and inducted in June 1906. He was translated to Saltcoats in 1909. In September 1913 Rev. Alexander Ross was ordained and inducted. In 1922 he accepted a call to Burghead. Rev. Peter W Millar was translated from Campbeltown in 1923 and remained at Partick until his appointment as Professor of Old Testament in 1936. Rev. Alex Macleod came from Lochgilphead in 1937 and was translated to Nairn in 1955. Rev. Neil A Macleod served from 1956 to 1963, in which year Rev. Hugh Ferrier arrived from Knockbain. In 1975 Mr. Ferrier was translated to Inverness Free North and the following year Rev. William Macleod was ordained and inducted. Following the translation of Mr. Macleod to Portree, Rev. Iain Smith was ordained in 1994 and identified with the Free Church (Continuing) in February 2000. Mr. Smith accepted a call to Tasmania in 2003. He was succeeded by Rev. Murdo A N Macleod who was minister from 2004 to 2010. By a ruling of the Court of Session in October 2012, the congregation lost possession of the church and halls as well as the manse.
From June 2016 the congregation has worshipped in their current location. In March 2018 the denomination purchased the church and halls securing a permanent place of worship for the congregation.