The people who formed the Free Church here were the fruit of a revival movement which began about 1812 under blind Donald Munro. They separated from the Established Church and ultimately in a body joined the Free Church. They were served by probationers and catechists under the oversight of Rev. Roderick MacLeod, Snizort until a minister was settled in 1864.
The congregation has built a new place of worship which was opened in May 2005.