In Lochalsh the church was erected shortly after the Disruption by Issac W Lillingston, a local proprietor and benefactor and nephew of William Wilberforce. In 1900 the minister, Rev. Angus Galbraith and his congregation adhered to the Free Church.
In Glenshiel a church was built in 1864 and a minister settled. The minister in 1900 Rev. Kenneth Macrae and his congregation adhered to the Free Church. Lochalsh and Glenshiel were consolidated into one charge in 1968.
In Glenelg although a large number in the district came out with the Free Church in 1843, it was not until 1859 that the charge was sanctioned and in 1861 the first minister was settled. The first post-1900 Kirk Session met in 1910 when 19 communicants were on the roll. In 1922 Rev. Alex MacLeod became the first ordained minister of the congregation since 1900. His translation to North Uist in 1926 left a long vacancy of 54 years until the induction of the next minister in 1980. Glenelg was disjoined from Glenshiel in 1944.
In Strath following the Disruption the parish described as ‘27 miles long and 7 miles broad and with seven separate groups of population’ was served by catechists. It was then established as a preaching station before being sanctioned as a charge in 1857. Church buildings were erected in Strathaird, Broadford and Kyleakin. The minister in 1900 went in with the Union and the congregation remained vacant until 1922.
In 2010 the congregations of Lochalsh & Glenshiel and Glenelg & Arnisdale were consolidated into one charge by Act of Assembly and the new congregation linked to the congregation of Strath, with two Kirk Sessions and two Deacons’ Courts.
In 2017 the congregations of Lochalsh and Strath were consolidated into one charge by Act of Assembly.