Rev. Norman MacLeod, minister of Trumisgarry Parliamentary Church, came out in 1843 and for some years had charge of almost the whole of the island, the remainder being served by a catechist. The charge was sanctioned in 1849 and North Uist and Trumisgarry were united in one charge in 1854. Church and manse were erected in 1858. The minister in 1900, Rev. John MacLeod, entered the Union and in 1912 Rev. Robert MacLeod was called.