At the Disruption the minister, Rev. Donald MacRae, came out with his congregation but left the same year for Tarbert. The charge was sanctioned in 1847 and Rev. James Noble was inducted in the following year in spite of the fact that the congregation still had to worship in the open air. A church, manse and school were eventually built. A church was also erected in Aultbea. Both churches were replaced in 1889. The minister in 1900 went into the Union and the congregation was vacant until 1914.
The minister in 2000 did not associate himself with the Reconstitution of the Free Church.