Although the minister remained in the Established Church at the Disruption almost the entire congregation came into the Church of Scotland, Free. In 1893 the majority of the congregation entered the Free Presbyterian Church. In 1900, most of the remainder along with the minister entered the United Free Church. The Free Church, continuing, was thus very small and had no premises. It slowly built up again and was recognised as a charge in 1919, with Rev. Malcolm Galbraith appointed as interim Moderator. The present church building was purchased in 1920, being the premises of the former United Presbyterian Church, vacated following the Union in 1900. The first minister was Rev. Donald MacKinnon, inducted in 1923.