• Date Inducted: 2014


The minister, Rev J R Glass, with his congregation came out in 1843 but he was immediately translated to Musselburgh. A successor, Rev John Finlayson, was inducted in December of that year but, unable to find accommodation in the district, had to walk or ride the 14 miles from Portree thoughout the winter. He died as a result of a fall from a gig in September 1844. Finlayson was a brother-in-law of Maighstir Ruairidh (Rev Roderick Macleod) who had moved from Bracadale to Snizort before the Disruption of 1843. Both men were interred in the old Struan cemetery. A church was first built in 1854 and in Carbost around the same time. The minister in 1900 entered the Union and the congregation remained vacant until 1930.

In 2012 the congregation was linked to the congregation of Duirinish by Act of the Commission of Assembly, with two Kirk Sessions and two Deacons' Courts.

Communion Seasons

1st Sabbath in April.

Mailing Address

  • Free Church (Continuing) Manse
  • 'Loch Mor'
  • Struan
  • Isle of Skye
  • IV56 8FB
  • United Kingdom
  • 01470 572249