- Date Inducted: 2003
The congregation originates from the efforts to bring the Gospel to the Gaelic-speaking Highlanders in Edinburgh in the 18th century. The congregation in the Gaelic Chapel came out with the Free Church at the Disruption and built a church in Cambridge Street. In 1864 the name was changed to St Columba’s. Only a tiny minority of that congregation remained out of the Union of 1900. When the Free Church was allocated St John’s church (built for the congregation of the Disruption minister, Dr Thomas Guthrie) in 1907 for their Assembly Hall, that building also became the home of the St Columba’s congregation.
In 2011 a new place of worship, a building belonging to the City Mission, was purchased by the congregation.
1st Sabbath in May and 1st Sabbath in November.
Monthly congregational fellowship as intimated.
- 29 Arthur Street
- EH6 5DA
- United Kingdom
- 0131 445 4893