Following the Disruption, a Free Church congregation was sanctioned in 1844. The first minister was Rev D MacGregor, inducted in 1849. The minister in 1900, Rev Peter MacDonald, entered the Union but a number of people adhered to the Free Church and in 1906 called Rev George MacKay.
The minister in 2000 did not associate himself with the Reconstitution of the Free Church.
The congregation has built a new place of worship which was opened in April 2004.
3rd Sabbath in February and last Sabbath in August.
Psalmody Class weekly during winter and spring term as announced.
Annual Western Isles Bible Conference held second week in June. Contact the Minister for details.
- 36 Newvalley
- Isle of Lewis
- HS2 0DN
- United Kingdom
- 01851 700298